Here is a list of some of the best suggestions to improve a website’s SEO, based on the web search results:
- Improve your website loading speed. A faster site can rank higher on Google and provide a better user experience. You can use tools like Google’s PageSpeed Insights1 or Semrush’s Website Checker2 to check your site’s speed and get suggestions for improvement.
- Get your site inside of featured snippets. Featured snippets are the boxes that appear at the top of the search results, providing a quick answer to a query. They can drive more traffic and clicks to your site. You can use a strategy called “Snippet Bait” to create content that is likely to get featured1.
- Refresh content with diminishing traffic. Updating old or outdated content can boost your rankings and traffic. You can use Ahrefs’ free WordPress SEO plugin2 to run a content audit and find articles that need updating.
- Fill content gaps in existing content. Content gaps are the topics or subtopics that your competitors cover but you don’t. Filling these gaps can help you rank for more keywords and provide more value to your audience. You can use Ahrefs’ Content Gap tool2 to find common keywords that your competitors rank for but you don’t.
- Boost important pages with internal links. Internal links are links from one page on your site to another. They help distribute PageRank around your site and guide users to relevant content. You can use Ahrefs’ Site Audit tool2 to find pages that need more internal links.
- Use long-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords are more specific and less competitive than short-tail keywords. They can help you target niche audiences and rank for more queries. You can use Ahrefs’ Keywords Explorer2 to find long-tail keyword ideas for your niche.
- Choose the right domain name. Your domain name is the first impression that users and search engines get of your site. It should be relevant, memorable, and easy to spell. You can use Wix’s domain name generator3 to find available domains for your site.
- Write unique titles and descriptions. Titles and descriptions are the elements that appear in the search results and entice users to click on your site. They should be descriptive, catchy, and include your target keywords. You can use ChatGPT as inspiration to create compelling titles and descriptions.
- Make it mobile-friendly. Mobile-friendliness is a ranking factor that affects how well your site performs on mobile devices. A mobile-friendly site should be responsive, fast, and easy to navigate. You can use Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test1 to check if your site is mobile-friendly.
- Submit a sitemap. A sitemap is a file that lists all the pages on your site and helps search engines crawl and index them. Submitting a sitemap can improve your SEO by making sure that all your pages are discovered and indexed by search engines. You can use Wix’s SEO Wiz3 to create and submit a sitemap for your site.
- Go local with SEO. Local SEO is the practice of optimizing your site for local searches, such as “pizza near me” or “dentist in New York”. Local SEO can help you attract more local customers and increase your visibility on Google Maps. You can use Semrush’s Listing Management tool4 to manage your local listings and reviews across various platforms.
I hope this list helps you improve your website’s SEO. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me 😊